|If you have not installed the WSRP version 2.0 milestone 2 binary,
please follow the instructions available in the install guide before you proceed.
If you would like to keep track of future announcements and
to the OpenPortal WSRP Project, please subscribe to the email@example.com
If you have questions on how to use the Open Portal WSRP Project and
we urge you to join the firstname.lastname@example.org
Please report any issues that you encounter while trying
wsrp version 2.0 milestone 2 email@example.com.
What is new
in this release ?
The WSRP version 2.0
milestone 2 release is the second milestone release from the OpenPortal
Project that implements the OASIS WSRP version 2.0 specification. The
main intent of this release is to demonstrate the following optional
features defined in the WSRP version 2.0 of OASIS specification.
Pls follow the instructions in coordination
preview document on how to test and use these features that'll help
you to understand the implementation.
- WSRP Eventing
- Shared/Public render parameters
Stay tuned for future announcements on optional feature implementation,
Please subscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Creating WSRP Producer
The WSRP Producer Admin portlet provides
necessary GUI for creating and managing WSRP Producers. There exists a
producer called "SampleProducer" which is disabled.
Note : By default the
above created WSRP exports both WSRP version 1.0 and WSRP version
2.0 service in the exported WSDL. Check the WSDL URL, it'll have both
v1 and v2 service exported.
- To enable this producer. Edit the producer by clicking on
- Publish some portlets i.e move the portlets from
Portlets" list to "Published Portlets" list.
- Enable the producer.
- Click save to save the changes.
Step 2 : Creating WSRP Consumer
You can create a WSRP Consumer by using the
Consumer Admin Portlet. To create a consumer you'd need to have a
URL. You can choose to use the "SampleProducer" which we created in the
step. To create a consumer
- Click "New" on the WSRP Consumer Portlet
- Provide the WSRP Producer WSDL URL and click "Get info"
- The WSRP Consumer automatically recognizes version 1.0, 2.0
or combined(1.0 and 2.0) WSDL and provides the user an option to choose
- Choose version 2.0/v2 to create a WSRP version 2.0 Consumer.
- If the producer requires registration, provide the details
- Click finish to complete the Consumer creation.
Step 3: Creating Remote/WSRP Portlets.
The WSRP Consumer Admin portlets provides a
link in each of the available Consumers
- Click the "Create" to create a channel
- Choose a name for the portlet
- Choose the remote portlet handle which you want to consumer
- Click finish.
Step 4: Viewing Remote/WSRP Portlets
Click the WSRP tab on the portlet container
to view the remote portlet that we just created.