Welcome to the new OpenPortal WSRP project which is part of
the OpenPortal Project. The
WSRP specification is defined by the OASIS Web Services for Remote Portlets (WSRP) TC.
project aims to:
- build a community of developers who are committed to
increasing the quality of the WSRP implementation.
- demonstrate uncompromising commitment to test-first
development and code review for all code coming into the project.
- have a fast turn-around time for getting bug fixes into the
hands of users.
The key features that are planned are
- Provide a enterprise-class WSRP Producer implementation.
- Provide a enterprise-class WSRP Consumer that can consume
remote portlets exported by any WSRP Producer.
- Provide support for registries that allow publishing and
discovery of remote portlets.
- Provide support for user identity propagation and other
security and policy capabilities between the Producer and the Consumer.
If you would like to keep track of future announcements and additions
to the OpenPortal WSRP Project, please subscribe to the firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions on how to use the OpenPortal WSRP
Project and other comments/suggestions/requests, we urge you to join
The project work on WSRP 2.0 is complete, with the following version
available for download. The next version 2.1 is work in progress
- WSRP version 2
Learn more about the WSRP Project. Topics include licensing, project
roles, governance, and mailing lists.